- His land-loving and acquisitive instincts are very sharp.
- Yet if there is one hallmark of the winner-wants-all mind-set, it's the acquisitive instinct gone wild.
- Spring must stimulate human acquisitive instincts : It is a busy season for buying, whether at flea markets, shops, auctions or shows.
- And we can see all the old acquisitive instincts kick in when she slips on the jeweler's loupe and is obviously turned on by the diamonds.
- On the one hand, it is the story of the acquisitive instinct of a greedy Marwari businessman, who would spare no expenses or ways to get what he desires, even if it is at the cost of murdering some innocents and bribing the willing.
- Indeed, the entire Royal Collection, Roberts notes in a catalog essay, " remains above all a testament to the personal collecting quirks and acquisitive instincts ( or lack of them ) of the royal family of this country from the late Middle Ages to the present day ."
- MacColl remarked the choice of Selling was ironic because he " possessed none of the acquisitive instincts . . . associated with the realty trade . " He also organized kitchens for the unemployed during the Panic of 1893 and Panic of 1907, serving over 450, 000 meals.