adjourned in contemplation of dismissalの例文
- Typically, the cases are adjourned in contemplation of dismissal-ACD in court lingo.
- The police charged Ritter with attempted endangerment of a child, but the case was adjourned in contemplation of dismissal and later sealed.
- The decision applied to 227 cases, but more than 100 of those had already been adjourned in contemplation of dismissal, a common outcome of minor arrests.
- The charge of carrying an open beer can was almost immediately adjourned in contemplation of dismissal, but because of the outstanding warrant Johnson was ordered held without bail.
- The case was adjourned in contemplation of dismissal, meaning if he stayed out of trouble for six months, the charges would disappear and the file be sealed.
- Gerald B . Lefcourt, a criminal defense lawyer in New York, said, " If brokers do end up in court, they usually get adjourned in contemplation of dismissal ."
- Still, of the 1, 102 people who went before judges, 70 have pleaded guilty and 621 cases were " adjourned in contemplation of dismissal, " according to Barbara Thompson, a spokeswoman for Morgenthau.
- Cynthia Preiser, an assistant district attorney for Albany County, agreed to have the case adjourned in contemplation of dismissal, which means the charges would eventually be dropped if Ritter stayed out of trouble, and the case was subsequently sealed.
- Still, several defense lawyers, including Stephen W . Edwards, who is representing the protesters in question, have said that they could not remember an instance in which sealed records known as ACDs, or cases Adjourned in Contemplation of Dismissal, were resurrected in such a way, in order to penalize people at sentencing.