- In a few decades the population of Algajola almost tripled although its territory is small.
- The Pieve of Regino became, with the Revolution in 1790, the Canton of Algajola.
- Algajola was a small fishing port with a fort on the sea built with the concurrence of the neighbouring towns.
- At the back of Pigna, overlooking Algajola Bay, is the Casa Musicale, an arts center that holds concerts and is also an inn.
- According to the historians Cluver and Canari, " C芐I?littus " shown on the northern coast of Corsica by Ptolemy on his maps was Algajola.
- His plans prepared, he persuaded the Balagne government, sitting in Algajola, to authorise him to create a fort protecting the port ( the Scalu ) on 10 December 1765.