- The last known survivor of the Alliance Colony, Lillian Greenblatt Braun, celebrated her 100th birthday in 2005.
- He contributed to the Alliance colony in New Jersey, founded in 1882, and to almost every philanthropic institution in New York, regardless of creed.
- Perskie was born at the Alliance Colony in Pittsgrove Township, New Jersey on July 20, 1885, the son of Harris Perskie and Minnie ( Levit ) Perskie.
- Prominent Americans from Alliance Colony include Gilbert Seldes, born January 3, 1893, writer and cultural critic, and his older brother George Seldes, born November 16, 1890, an investigative journalist and media critic.
- The " Stinger " has now been renamed the " Excalibur ", and has embarked on a campaign against the Alliance, gathering a small army as it attacks Alliance colonies, becoming a symbol of the rebellion.
- The Alliance colony on Samothrace still enjoyed the societal advantages its faction had during the original Protracted Struggle, i . e . that as a free society their rate of scientific progress and discovery is much faster than the stagnant, totalitarian slave-masters of the Draka.
- Remnants of Alliance Colony exist today, the cemetery is still in use for the Jewish communities in Cumberland and Salem Counties and is well maintained, the home of Moses Bayuk, the founder of the colony is still standing and there are plans to turn the property into a cultural center and museum.
- This triggers a war of independence on Mars, which had long had a strained political relationship with Earth . " Babylon 5 " attempts to avoid conflict with Earth, but in response to civilian bombings on Mars, concerns with Night Watch, and illegal orders meant to oppress their populations, they choose to declare independence from Earth, along with several other outlying Earth Alliance colonies including Orion VII and Proxima III . In response, the Earth Alliance attempts to retake " Babylon 5 " by force, but with the aid of the Minbari, who have allied with the station against the growing Shadow threat, the attack is repelled at great cost.