- The process is called " anodizing " because the part to be treated forms the anode electrode of an electrical circuit.
- The anode electrode is a single thin wire placed on the side and below the specimen surface, several mm away from it.
- This was because the three or six AC supply inputs could be fed to a corresponding number of anode electrodes on a single tank, sharing a common cathode.
- Polymer electrolytic capacitors, tantalum as well as aluminum polymer capacitors are polarized capacitors and generally requires the anode electrode voltage to be positive relative to the cathode voltage.
- However, the anode electrode on Sardinia required a more sophisticated design using platinum-coated titanium pipe, subdivided into 30 sub-electrodes, in order to prevent corrosion.
- For the monopolar configuration with earth return, the earth current flow is unidirectional, which means that the design of one of the electrodes ( the cathode ) can be relatively simple, although the design of anode electrode is quite complex.
- A "'tantalum electrolytic capacitor "', a member of the family of electrolytic capacitors, is a polarized capacitor whose anode electrode ( + ) is made of tantalum on which a very thin insulating oxide layer is formed, which acts as the dielectric of the capacitor.