armoire de ferの例文
- In November 1792, the Armoire de fer incident took place at the Tuileries palace.
- In effect, he headed a secret council of advisers to Louis XVI, which tried to preserve the monarchy; these schemes proved unsuccessful, and were exposed later when the armoire de fer was discovered.
- In view of the documents found in the " armoire de fer ", at the request of the Girondins, it was decreed that he should be arrested, and explain himself in court.
- After failing to seal the armoire de fer ( iron chest ) found in the Tuileries Palace, containing documents that indicated Louis XVI's relations with corrupt politicians, he was accused of destroying some of the evidence within.
- In November 1792, the " armoire de fer " ( iron chest ) incident took place at the Tuileries Palace, when the existence, in the king's bedroom, of the hidden safe containing compromising documents and correspondence, was revealed by Fran鏾is Gamain, the Versailles locksmith who had installed it, went to Paris on 20 November and told Jean-Marie Roland, Girondinist Minister of the Interior.