- At the end of the 0 % period the debts can either be paid off or the balance transferred to another card.
- Blue cards, which are gradually being eliminated, are good for one transfer only, and can be exchanged with the balance transferred.
- On that date new books of account were opened, in which were entered certain amounts stated to be balances transferred from old books.
- NextCard, for example, lets applicants choose from a variety of rewards programs and adjusts interest rates depending on sizes of balances transferred from other card issuers.
- A lawsuit has been filed against Fleet Bank claiming the company misled consumers and violated a pledge to fix interest rates on credit card balances transferred to Fleet accounts.
- First USA, one of the largest credit card issuers and one of the most aggressive marketers, has started charging a fee of 2 to 3 percent on balances transferred to some of its cards.
- First USA, one of the largest credit card issuers and one of the most aggressive marketers, has started charging a fee of 2 percent to 3 percent on balances transferred to some of its cards.
- The results can be seen in mailboxes stuffed with offers of " platinum " cards with credit lines of up to $ 100, 000, or mere gold cards with 5.9 percent interest for loan balances transferred from other accounts.
- Some consumers with good credit manage to take advantage of teaser rates offered by the industry as a whole by applying for a card, having their balances transferred to that card, and then maintaining payments on that card during the period of the teaser rate.