- Some of the biological treatment techniques include bioaugmentation, bioventing, biosparging, bioslurping, and phytoremediation.
- Some sites may require the addition of an electron acceptor while others require microbe supplementation ( bioaugmentation ).
- Some examples of bioremediation related technologies are phytoremediation, bioventing, bioleaching, landfarming, bioreactor, composting, bioaugmentation, rhizofiltration, and biostimulation.
- In July 2007 University of Technology undertook trials of bacteria based bioaugmentation and biostimulation to gain biodegradation of oil hydrocarbons and reduce soil contamination of the site . [ http : / / www . informaworld . com / smpp / content ~ content = a781477511 ~ db = all ~ jumptype = rss
- George Robinson had the distinction of engineering the first full-scale commercial microbial clean-up of an oil spill in 1968, municipal sewage bioaugmentation in 1967, septic tank and leach field treatment as early as 1965, as well as odor and flying pest and larval control in the animal feedlot and agricultural processing industry in 1964.