- A prize for the best blog-based book was initiated in 2005, the Lulu Blooker Prize.
- Print-on-demand publisher Lulu inaugurated the Lulu Blooker Prize for blooks, which was first awarded in 2006.
- In 2007, Buzzell received the 2007 Lulu Blooker Prize for " My War : Killing Time in Iraq ".
- In 2006, the blook " Dinosaur Comics : Huge Eyes, Beaks, Intelligence, and Ambition " was a runner up for the Lulu Blooker Prize for comics.
- The Lulu Blooker Prize was open to any " blook " that had been published " to date " ( i . e ., by the entry deadline ) by any publisher.
- Evslin's novel " hackoff . com : an historic murder mystery set in the Internet bubble and rubble " was the fiction runner-up for the 2006 Lulu Blooker Prize.
- Miller has been a judge for the Lulu Blooker Prize and is on the online advisory board of the " Online Journalism Review " of the Annenberg Center for Communication at the University of Southern California.
- In 2002, Young founded Lulu . com, a print-on-demand, self-publishing company, and served as CEO . In 2006, Young established the Lulu Blooker Prize, a book prize for books that began as blogs.
- The first LitKicks publication was a digital video, " Notes from Underground ", based on Fyodor Dostoevsky's story of the same name, followed by a community-generated poetry anthology in 2004, " Action Poetry ", which was nominated for a Blooker Prize.