- Celje Castle is visited by approximately 60, 000 people every year.
- Celje Castle was not only the most important castle in Slovenia, but in the entire eastern Alps.
- He used some elements from the old Celje Castle for its construction, causing further deterioration of this important historical site.
- The Celje tourist board holds an event entitled " " Pod zvezdami Celjanov " " ( " Under the stars of Celje " ) at Celje Castle in late summer every year, which features performances and representations of life in the Middle Ages.
- "' Hermann of Cilli "'( 1383 13 December 1421 ), also known as Armand de Cilli, or " Herniosus mit dem Bruche " ( " Herniosus with the rupture " ), was born in Hermann II of Celje, of the family of the Counts of Cilli and Sanneck, whose family seat was in Celje Castle ( Burg Obercilli, now in Slovenia ).