- Moses'Ten Commandments are inscribed on two central plates, arranged like an open book.
- The beveled central plate, done by hand, has a delicate border engraved with tiny floral motifs.
- The central plate protrudes slightly from its surrounding pieces, allowing for a sharp edge, while the softer spine protects the brittle core.
- Bristol insisted that this bit was intended to be comfortable for the horse because the central plate would lie flat onto the tongue thus lowering the pressure.
- More to behind, the bony tiles of the skull roof, the " caputegulae ", are rather indistinctively patterned though a small central plate on the parietal bones is visible.
- At this stage they become radially symmetrical, each one having a single central plate, a madreporite plate, five radial and five interradial plates, and five terminal plates which are the first stage in the development of the arms.
- Muybridge's work not only proved for the first time that all four of a horse's hooves left the ground during gallop ( see upper central plates ), but it also broke new ground in terms of artistic expression and became foundational to the development of the motion picture.