- Semantic theories implicitly or explicitly incorporating the mentalist postulate include force dynamics and conceptual semantics.
- Recently, conceptual semantics in particular, and lexical semantics in general, have taken on increasing importance in linguistics and psycholinguistics.
- Similar to Domain Analysis, Concept Theory aims to create a theory of concepts which may be applied to Knowledge Organization systems by analyzing conceptual semantic relationships.
- His theory of conceptual semantics developed into a comprehensive theory on the foundations of language, which indeed is the title of a recent monograph ( 2002 ) : " Foundations of Language.
- Jackendoff ( 1990, 1996 : 120 3 ), in the process of incorporating aspects of force dynamics into his theory of conceptual semantics, has proposed a reconfiguration of some of its basic notions.