- Blanco elected not to follow Carranza and Obreg髇 and instead aligned himself with the Conventionists and Eulalio Guti閞rez.
- Following the Glorious Revolution and the overthrow of James II, the Duke held Edinburgh Castle against the Protestant Conventionists.
- These " Third Conventionists " ( as they were known ) conducted missionary activity in some small mountain villages in central Mexico.
- He went there to complete the reconciliation of and return to the church a group of apostates in Mexico known as the " Third Conventionists ".
- When Carranza refused, the Convention participants split into two factions : the Constitutionalists headed by Carranza and Obreg髇, and the Conventionists, nominally headed by Eulalio Guti閞rez, but actually under the control of Villa and Zapata.