- Note that the common name " ribbed mussel " is also used of the Northern Hemisphere mussel " Geukensia demissa ".
- They feed on the nectar of various flowers, including " Prunus virginiana var . demissa " and " Aesculus californica ".
- ""'Geukensia demissa " "'is a species of mussel, a marine bivalve mollusk in the family Mytilidae, the true mussels.
- ""'Eatoniella demissa " "'is a species of minute sea snail, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Eatoniellidae, the eatoniellids.
- Flowering occurs from March to August and is followed by fruits which are oval-shaped with a papery, light brown covering and long . " E . demissa " growing on the Gascoyne River floodplain
- Similarly named trees with astringent fruits include the choke cherry ( the common name for several species of cherry tree that grow in North America and whose fruits are small and bitter tasting : " Prunus virginiana ", " Prunus demissa ", and " Prunus serotina " ) and the "'choke plum " '.