- Although not a polyyne dicyanoacetylene otherwise fits within this series.
- At room temperature, dicyanoacetylene is a clear liquid.
- Solid dicyanoacetylene has been detected in the atmosphere of Titan by infrared spectroscopy.
- ,the detection of dicyanoacetylene in the interstellar medium has been impossible, because its symmetry means it has no rotational microwave spectrum.
- Dicyanoacetylene is a powerful dienophile because the cyanide groups are aromatic compound durene ( 1, 2, 4, 5-tetramethylbenzene ) to form a substituted bicyclooctatriene.