- Faulring has also published material with the Mormon Historic Sites Foundation.
- Faulring was born in the vicinity of Niagara Falls, New York.
- Faulring received his bachelor's degree in history from Brigham Young University in 1983.
- After retiring from the Air Force, Faulring became a research historian with the Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Church History.
- Faulring has also edited a collection of documents on Oliver Cowdery and a book on the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible.
- On the other hand, Faulring later wrote with Richard Lloyd Anderson a review of Todd Compton's " In Sacred Loneliness ", in which they jointly affirmed their faith in Smith as a prophet of God and criticized Compton's use of second-hand sources and even more heavily his use of the term " polyandry ".