- The pilots are protesting over contract disputes, a spokesman for the FILT-CGIL transport union, Alberto Cassandra, said.
- A spokesman for the FILT union, Alberto Cassandra, said Thursday that the unions also refused a request to cut the strike to four hours.
- The strike was being held at different times in various cities, said Alberto Cassandra, a spokesman for Filt / Cgil, the largest union involved.
- The unions subsequently advised their members not to carry out the work stoppage, said Alessandro D'Alessio of Filt / Cgil, the largest union involved.
- Unions called the strike to protest the dismissal of some 400 employees by a food catering company serving the airport, said a spokesman for the FILT transport union.
- The government agreed to provide around 120 million euros ( dlrs 105 million ) to partly compensate for lower wages, a spokesman for the FILT union, Alberto Cassandra, said.
- A spokesman for the FILT union, Alberto Cassandra, said Thursday that a request made by a state commission that oversees strike action in the transport sector to cut the strike to four hours was also rejected.
- Unions representing about 72 percent of air traffic controllers reached the agreement Tuesday in talks with the government and were considering calling off their participation in the strike, said Alberto Cassandra, a spokesman for Filt / Cgil, the largest union involved.
- On July 17, 2012, the Chief Electoral Officer of Qu閎ec stated he wishes to remove the authorization given to the provincial party led by Parizeau, in agreement with the Election Act because of its failure to maintain at least 100 qualified electors as members and who possess a legitimate membership card The authorization was withdrawn on July 30, 2012 . [ http : / / www . electionsquebec . qc . ca / english / provincial / rapeq / public-notices . php ? filt = PART & arch = n & ongl = RETR