international asset recoveryの例文
- However, satisfying conditions for international asset recovery using criminal convictions remains problematic.
- Several organizations have taken steps to address the lack of easily accessible, comprehensive and practical information on international asset recovery.
- There are many examples of cases where international asset recovery would have been possible, if there had been political will.
- "' International asset recovery "'is any effort by governments to repatriate the proceeds of corruption hidden in foreign jurisdictions.
- Even considering the difficulties present, Africa specialist Daniel Scher counters that international asset recovery's " potential rewards in developing countries make it a highly attractive undertaking ".
- In the context of international asset recovery, using criminal convictions to recover stolen assets is usually only possible when a legal basis exists between states, such as a bi-lateral or multilateral agreement.
- To be truly effective, international asset recoveries through MLA require strong inter-state cooperation as well as two critical elements a criminal conviction either in the requesting state or the recipient state, and an enforceable confiscation order.
- Often used to emphasize the " multi-jurisdictional " or cross-border aspects of a corruption investigation, international asset recovery includes numerous processes such as the tracing, freezing, confiscation, and repatriation of proceeds stored in foreign jurisdictions, thus " making it one of the most complex projects in the field of law ".
- Mobutu allegedly stole as much as US $ 4 5 billion while in office; in July 2009, a Swiss court determined that the statute of limitations had run out on an international asset recovery case of about $ 6.7 million of deposits of Mobutu's in a Swiss bank, and therefore the assets should be returned to Mobutu's family.