- The German aikuistumiskoulu ie Jugendweihe decided feast.
- Nowadays there are many different groups organising Jugendweihes, but the most important ones are " Jugendweihe Deutschland e.
- In every East German " Jugendweihe " the young people would dedicate themselves to the ideals of the state.
- Freethought organizations developed the " Jugendweihe " ( literally " Youth consecration " ), a secular " confirmation " ceremony, and atheist funeral rites.
- There are different groups organising Jugendweihes in Germany, but the most important ones are the Humanistische Verband Deutschlands ( " Humanist Association of Germany " ), " Jugendweihe Deutschland e.
- Nowadays the term " Jugendfeier " is becoming more popular since the " Humanistischer Verband " started to use it instead of " Jugendweihe " about three decades ago to mark that participants will not be consecrated but should experience an unforgettable step into adulthood.