- The Islamic Authority recognized by the Government is Jummah Mosque Port Louis.
- Then emerged another Jummah Mosque at Akbar Village in the North East of Maruthamunai.
- The demonstrators marched from the Jummah Mosque in Kollupitiya to the embassy of the United States on Galle Road in Colombo.
- The Jummah Mosque houses the remains of Jamal Shah ( a " pir " from Kutch, India ) in a marble tomb next to the mosque.
- The Jummah Mosque in Port Louis was built in the 1850s and is often described as one of the most beautiful religious building in Mauritius by the Ministry of Tourism's guide.
- These two mosques served as the Jummah mosque from there Islamic preaching had been taking place every week on Fridays . Also these mosques have contributed this much in the fields of religious, cultural, educational and peace oriented activities related to the welfare of the people of Maruthamunai.