- Later in the morning, the rebels from Meerut arrived quite unexpectedly, crossing the bridge of boats over the Jumna River.
- Two viewing pavilions face the Jumna river and incorporates a subterranean'tahkhana'which was used during the hot summers to provide relief for visitors.
- This form was brought to Agra by Babur and by the time of Shah Jahan, gardens of this type, as well as the more traditional charbagh, lined both sides of the Jumna river.
- They had since remained undecided as to their next course of action until Tantya Tope took charge of them, and led them to Kalpi on 9 November, where they crossed the Jumna River and moved east on Cawnpore.
- When I was not much older than he is now, my dream was to attend the Kumbh Mela, the largest Hindu pilgrimage, held _ once every 12 years _ at the confluence of the Ganges and the Jumna Rivers, in Allahabad.
- The first column stormed through the breach in the Kashmir Bastion and the second through that in the Water Bastion, by the Jumna River, however this was not without difficulty as most of the scaling ladders were broken before they could be emplaced.
- Vrindavan's appeal to widows over the centuries has rested on the belief that Krishna, the most human incarnation of the universal Hindu god Vishnu, played along the banks of the Jumna River here as a boy and teased girls as they bathed in it.