- Leadwort ( Ceratostigma plumbaginoides ) Fall color and flowers at the same time.
- The family is sometimes referred to as the leadwort family or the plumbago family.
- Ceylon Leadwort is a herbaceous plant with glabrous stems that are climbing, prostrate, or erect.
- Pair it with leadwort, Ceratostigma plumbaginoides, which has lovely blue flowers and doesn't emerge until summer.
- This year, leadwort and the new sedums Frosty Morn and Matrona popped up in local garden centers for the first time.
- Leadwort ( Ceratostigma plumbaginoides ) is a perennial of borderline hardiness here that has brilliant blue flowers that last from late summer into fall, when it really becomes even more patriotic because the leaves turn red while it's still flowering.
- It can also successfully develop feeding on Cape leadwort ( " Plumbago auriculata " ) or doctorbush ( " P . scandens " ), which ( among the eudicots ) are not closely related to its usual food plants.
- PLUMBAGO CAPENSIS Also known as Plumbago auriculata, this " leadwort " is one of the best azure blue flowering plants that can grace a home garden ( " Plumbago " is derived from the Latin " Plumbum, " meaning lead ).