- Premature leaf abscission has been shown to occur in response to infestation by gall aphids.
- Our article suggests that leaf abscission is indirectly due to changes in sunlight, but it's as unreferenced as StuRat's opinions above.
- They regulate which tissues grow upwards and which grow downwards, leaf formation and stem growth, fruit development and ripening, as well as leaf abscission and even plant death.
- Many plant species naturally uptake heavy metals and excess nutrients for a variety of reasons : sequestration, drought resistance, disposal by leaf abscission, interference with other plants, and defense against pathogens and herbivores.
- The loss of bootjacks is a natural, if poorly understood, phenomenon as the palm does not create a leaf abscission zone so the loss of the leaf bases results from some other physical or biological process.