- The naming of Q4 required discussion between Smallpeice and Michael Adeane, the Queen's Private Secretary, both before and after the naming
- Smallpeice discussed the issue with the Queen's Michael Adeane and it was agreed that they would recommend to Her Majesty that the ship be named " Queen Elizabeth ".
- The queen's private secretary, Sir Michael Adeane, made the offer to sacrifice the royal yacht, which is now decommissioned and a tourist attraction in Scotland, in a letter dated February 1968.
- The queen's private secretary, Sir Michael Adeane, offered an alternative to the Foreign Office : The queen's husband, Prince Philip, would go to the party if invited by the Shah.
- Prior to that, he had a briefing with Michael Adeane, the Queen's private secretary, who told Wright : " From time to time you may find Blunt referring to an assignment he undertook on behalf of the Palace a visit to Germany at the end of the war.