- He is the founder and executive chairman of OneWeb and the founder of O3b Networks.
- The constellation is owned and operated by O3b Networks, which began offering service in March 2014.
- In June 2010, Telecom Cook Islands partnered with O3b Networks, Ltd . to provide faster Internet connection to the Cook Islands.
- In November 2014, MS Quantum of the Seas became the first cruise ship to provide fast internet to guests through O3b Networks.
- In August 2016, SES Government Solutions announced a contract to provide an O3b Networks high throughput, low latency satellite communications solution for a US Department of Defense end-user.
- In May 2016, SES said it would raise another $ 710 million to purchase all of O3b Networks, exercising a call option with O3b minority shareholders and eliminating the possibility of an O3b stock offering.
- In May 2016, SES said it would raise another $ 710 million to purchase 100 % of O3b Networks, exercising a call option with O3b minority shareholders and eliminating the possibility of an O3b stock offering, and then subsequently announced the completion of the capital raising.
- Under Governor Togiola Tulafono investment in a fibre optic network to replace ageing copper infrastructure across all the islands of American Samoa and the construction in 2015 of a 1.2Gbps satellite uplink via O3b Networks which more than doubled available bandwidth to the rest of the world resulted in broadband internet becoming more affordable, with the price of the cheapest available residential package decreasing from $ 75 / month to $ 50 / month and download speeds of the base package increasing from 256Kbps to 768Kbps.