- In the 1900s, Tailem Bend was assigned as a government ration depot supplying the Ngarrindjeri.
- In the 1930s, Tjungurrayi and his family lived near the rations depot near Jay Creek.
- It added that 40 ammunition depots and 55 ration depots used by the PKK were destroyed.
- Apart from functioning as a rations depot, the fort supported an anti-aircraft battery with a radar installation.
- It operated as a repeater station as part of the Overland Telegraph Line and also a government rations depot.
- The area was originally leased by two returned soldiers as a cattle station then as a penal colony for a short time then later became a government ration depot.
- The area was settled by European pastoralists in the 19th century but the community was established in 1901 when the state government built a ration depot at Turkey Creek.
- However, the situation started to turn bleak for the Khmer Rouge, suffering heavier losses against an increasingly consolidated and violent army who destroyed their rebel camps and ration depots, and a mobilized group of townspeople who supported Sihanouk and went against the peasants.