- Belgian parliamentarian Said El Kadraoui replaced Van Brempt at the European Parliament . rac-cb
- At 33, Van Brempt is one of the youngest ministers on Verhofstadt's team.
- Since 2009, Van Brempt has been a member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
- On August 28, 2008, minister of public transport Kathleen Van Brempt paid a visit to the unopened Antwerp premetro tunnel and Zegel station.
- A Dutch-speaking socialist, Van Brempt had worked in the employment cabinet before taking up her post in the European Union legislature in 2000.
- In 2016, Van Brempt was made chair of the Volkswagen emissions scandal inquiry into whether the EU should have acted more quickly to address the issue.
- Van Brempt was a member of the European Parliament s delegation of observers to the 2014 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Lima and the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.
- Member of the European Parliament Kathleen Van Brempt was appointed welfare state secretary in the government of Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt on Friday, one day after her predecessor was forced to resign over inconsistencies in her resume.
- After having worked for the SP-A in capacity of a researcher and as political secretary to Louis Tobback, in 1999 Van Brempt was appointed deputy chief of staff to the minister of employment Renaat Landuyt.