- It lies at the volcanic Vihorlat mountains and at the confluence of the Laborec and Cirocha Rivers.
- There are around 175 naturally formed Morsk?oko and Vinn?jazero in Vihorlat Mountains or Jezersk?jazero in Spiask?Magura.
- It has also been reported from the Hautes-Alpes region in France and the Slansk?and Vihorlat mountains of Slovakia.
- In some places it is covered with younger deposits, for example in the Podhale basin in Poland, or in the Vihorlat Mountains in Slovakia.
- "' Snina "'is a town in Slovakia located at the confluence of the Cirocha river and the small river P olinka in the valley between the Beskydy foothills and the Vihorlat Mountains.